If you went on the raw food detox diet, would it do you any good? Take a few minutes to read this article and see how I believe we would all benefit!
Raw Food For Detox
During the course of your normal daily life, you may, perhaps, be exposed to harsh chemicals through your work environment. You could be ingesting harmful ingredients in your food. You are almost certainly breathing in toxic exhaust fumes simply by going outside! All of these elements, and many more, work together to create a highly toxic environment within your body. Toxins affect your organs, your skin and your overall well-being on the inside and on the outside.
This toxic overload makes it impossible for your liver to cope with the task of removing toxins from your body. To keep up it takes a ‘shortcut’ and instead of removing toxins, it stores them in your fat cells. Another effect of poor diets is to slow down metabolism so that food is not digested properly. This creates a viscious cycle whereby the liver is even more overloaded.
Detoxifying your body is the only way of cleansing your body of these toxins. It is a natural process that, in times gone by, our ancestors’ bodies were able to accomplish all on their own. Today however, with poor diet and stressful lifestyles, many of us find our bodies are overwhelmed and unable to cleanse themselves properly. If you feel your body is struggling to cope with today’s environment and is unable to do its job properly, you can take steps to help your body heal itself. The benefits far outweigh the small amount of effort involved.
– Improve your immune system function
– Eliminate free radicals from your system
– Improve your ability to fight off cancer cells
– Cleanse congestion and mucous from your body
– Purify your blood
– Help you break your addiction to sugar, salt, alcohol and junk foods
Detoxifying has gradually been acknowledged to be something we would all benefit from. However, it tends to be regarded as a one-off event and it should not be – it should be a natural, ongoing process which is part of your bodies defenses.
So, how can we break this cycle and give our liver the chance to do it’s job properly? By changing to a raw food diet you will enable this to happen.
If you follow the free and natural methods listed here, you can achieve gentle detoxification that will help you detox, with the added benefits of losing weight and becoming healthier.
– Start your day with a breakfast of fruit or better still get your juicer out of the cupboard where it’s been gathering dust,clean it off and get juicing!
– Reduce and if possible remove toxin producing foods from your diet. Fast food, artificial sweeteners, caffeine and high fat foods are all clogging your system.
– Lunch on salads and dine on stir-frys.
– Your body creates an alkaline environment to digest starch, and an acid environment to digest protein. We often eat both together! The inevitable result is a neutral environment where neither one is digested properly, so give your digestive system a break by NOT mixing starch and protein.
– Take your first steps to better health by eating fresh, whole foods prepared at home. Find substitutes for your favorites, like herbal tea in place of coffee or stevia for sugar.
– Drink lots of water. No beverage is better for you than water. Water is the ultimate detoxifier. All of your major organs require water to function properly, especially your liver. If you aren’t drinking at least as many ounces as your body weight each day, you aren’t drinking enough. For example, if you weigh 190 lbs, you should drink 190 ounces of water per day. When you first start drinking this much water, you are going to feel like you are going to the restroom way more than normal. This is just your body getting used to the level of fluid in your system. After a week to ten days, your body will adjust. russian store
– Make the switch to wheat instead of white. White flour products (like bread and pasta) are full of empty calories. They use flour that has been bleached to appear white. Since you know that bleach is harmful to your health, it’s best to skip these products entirely. Change to wholemeal or wheatmeal.
– Choose organic fruits and vegetables. Many conventional fruits and vegetables are treated with pesticides and chemicals that aren’t good for your body. Try to buy organic foods as much as possible.
– Add cleansing foods to your diet. In addition to eating organic fresh foods whenever possible, there are also additional foods that you can eat that will boost your health. Lemons, virgin olive oil, virgin coconut oil and apple cider vinegar can help your body rid itself of harmful toxins.
In short, detoxification has its benefits but you have all the power within your hands to get those benefits. Your body already has a fantastic detoxifier in the form of your liver. You just have to support your body by giving it the right nutrition in order to get the detoxification you need.
Raw Food Detox Diet For Weight Loss.
1. You will digest raw foods more easily than cooked foods. Because they retain their own enzymes, which help with our digestion, they are friendlier to the body than many other foods, such as cooked meats. This means you will expend far less energy on digestion which means more energy is available to you. This will make you more active and will help to release energy stored in the form of fat in the body.
2. If you consume a healthy diet like a raw food diet, not only will you see a boost in your energy level, and you will feel more alert. Who needs coffee, when you have a healthier alternative to give you added energy for the day?